Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dinner for Friends #1


Who: Clara, Emma, Marie, and I (Izzy made a vegan option for herself)
What: Slow Cooker Turkey, Bacon, and Avocado Wrap
Where: Our Apartment
When: March 10, 2012
From: 101 List #1

The first part of my "Thank You" meal (see second part: Dessert) was this dinner. We've had a crock-pot since we moved in (in fact bought it 2 months before), but had never used it. We were determined to use it this quarter and even wrote a note on the fridge telling us to do so, and I finally used it tonight!

I hate meat. Love to eat it, but I never want to deal with it. Today, that all changed! I had to use raw bacon and turkey breast and dealt with it all! I may have screamed and made yucky sounds while doing it, but damn it, I succeeded! I then added the ingredients to the slow cooker and let it cook while I baked our dessert!

Emma also helped me cook! She made the side dish (Scalloped Potatoes) which were delicious! So buttery - I think we all gained 5 pounds just from eating it!

When we finally sat down to eat, we were all starving! There was complete silence for a good 5 minutes (which doesn't seem like much, but when you're with your best friends, it's eons!), which I was always told means it's a good meal!

SUCCESS!!

Recipe via Betty Crocker's Website

No comments:

Post a Comment