Monday, January 5, 2015

My 2014

My favourite memories and accomplishments from 2014...

I realized this year that I am 100% comfortable in who I am as a woman. God created me to be a perfect version of myself, and this year I learned to embrace that and be confident in that.

I was lucky enough to be a part of the Sisterhood Support Team (within the New Member Team) for my Chi Omega chapter. It was such a wonderful experience helping to guide our new members up to their initiations.

This is the first year that I can actually remember having more "good" health days than bad. My medication was changed a number of times, but at some point during the year, my body got it right. I still have some rough days, but they finally don't dominate my life!

Because of the above, I was able to lower my anti-depressant for the first time in three years. It was a huge accomplishment for me and I can finally see a future where I don't need medication for my depression.

Two of my high school girls went from Miss to Mrs this summer! Watching the two of them marry the loves of their lives was amazing.

We called it the "Summer of Concerts" because my sister and I went to one each month - we had a blast!

My parents made the move from California to Illinois in August, along with my sister transferring from Sac State to U of I. Although I didn't follow them, my home-base and family moved, and that was quite the adjustment.

While my family moved to another state, I moved into my first house!

Chi Omega was too incredible for words this year. Pre-recruitment and formal recruitment were definite highlights. We bonded and grew as a chapter. I had never been so proud or thankful to be sisters with such incredible women. I was also given the opportunity to be a day chair for one of the days during recruitment, and it was intense! It was so much work, but it all came together - House Tours truly rocked!

After taking classes for my double major for more than a year, I finally declared Organizational Studies!

I welcomed another Little into my Wild Things family within Chi Omega and she is perfect! Such a sweet soul that one!

I took my high school friend, Jordan, to my fall formal this year and had so much fun! It was only my second formal in college and it was one for the books! Best friends and dancing were the perfect combo!

For our family trip this year, we did Christmas on the Rhine - aka, we took a river cruise around Germany, Switzerland, France, and Holland for Christmas!

This year I tapped into my creativity and developed new ideas and products that really developed my creative skills. I forgot how much creativity adds to my life and I cannot wait to keep using it in 2015!

2014 was truly an amazing year and I cannot wait to see what 2015 has in store!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love! (Second comment just in case first didn't work lolz) ❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love your blog!! It helps make us feel closer to you!! It's awesome!! We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete