Wednesday, January 21, 2015

THE Mac-n-Cheese


For a games night last year, I decided to try this recipe I had found on Pinterest called THE Mac-n-Cheese. And let me tell you, it was delicious! What I decided to do to make it a little more interesting was create a Mac-n-Cheese bar. I set bowls out with things like ham, broccoli, tomatoes, bacon, and caramelized onions for my friends to add into their dish.

To Make:
1 pound pasta (I used cavatappi)
½ cup butter (1 stick)
½ cup flour
4 cups whole milk
6 cups shredded cheddar
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup panko bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Boil pasta in salted water.

Melt ½ cup butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
Sprinkle in ½ cup flour and whisk together for 2-3 minutes.
Slowly pour in 4 cups whole milk - whisk as you go, until smooth.
Add 6 cups shredded cheddar.
Add 1 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon pepper.
Add sauce to pasta and stir.

In small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
Add in ½ cup panko bread crumbs.
Stir constantly until golden brown.
Sprinkle over mac-n-cheese.

Bake in for 12-15 minutes.

The Final Product

No comments:

Post a Comment