I've had this idea saved on my computer for more than a month, and I'm finally going to start it! A few months ago I did the 30 day photo challenge and totally enjoyed myself, so when I found this on Pretty Random Things, I knew I had to try it!
So what is it you ask? 60 Days of Reflection! It's 60 days full of questions and photos to share with your readers. I, myself, love this kind of thing!
And so it begins...
Day 1: Photo of yourself with 10 facts!
2. I keep a prayer journal. I love having a way to keep track of my prayers and the things that are happening in my life that feel important enough to share with the Lord on paper. It's so nice to look back and see how my faith in the Lord has progressed and how He's blessed me over the years.
3. I speak to my dogs like they're people. I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels (named Kinchie and Whinnie) and I love them more than life itself. They are the sweetest, funniest, cutest dogs on the planet, and I can't help but talk to them like they're real people, not dogs who just stare at me.
4. One of my biggest fears is that I won't have my proposal photographed. I document every moment of my life, so missing this huge moment (and honestly, all the cute looks we'll give each other) would make me SO sad!
5. I live on bagels and english muffins. When your stomach is upset, there's not much you want to eat, but I can always get on board to eat one of those!
6. I absolutely love to plan things! I plan simple get-togethers, New Years parties, Christmas parties, pool parties - anything you can think of to get my friends together. (:
7. My sister is my best friend. Up until about grade 9, I didn't like her very much (I was actually quite mean). However, when we moved to San Jose and I was super sick, she became the only person I could hang out with, and that's when I realized how freaking awesome she is!
8. I have no thyroid. When I was 17, I had it removed due to a very rare form of thyroidism. I now have a very small scar (you can barely see it!) on my neck and take thyroid meds during the week.
9. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people wear sunglasses inside. You're inside, why must you wear SUNglasses?
10. I am Canadian! I lived there until I was 8, then moved to Southern California, then back to Canada when I was 11, and to Northern California when I was 14. We used to go back every year for Christmas, but now we go back in the summer for longer. It will always be my home. (:
Thursday, July 12, 2012
This past Saturday I attended my friend Kellen's bachelorette party and had a blast! I'm not going to lie, though, before I went I thought, "what can we possibly do for a bachelorette party when we're not 21?" but was pleasantly surprised.
Our beautiful bachelorette, Kellen:
My way of adding a bit of "dirty" into her day - Penis Jigglers:
Playing in the Waves:
The maid of honour, Kyla, made us all "Team Bride" shirts that we wore to see Magic Mike (our way of giving Kellen strippers without actually giving her strippers):
Off to Dinner where we gave Kellen some sexy things, including penis rings:
And that, my friends, is how you throw a bachelorette party when you can't get into bars!
Sunday, July 8, 2012
It may be a week late, but I've officially made my July goals!
Go to Bible Study every week.
Work out every other day.
Start blogging regularly.
Host a tea party.
Finish my online classes (the 2 that end in July) strong.
Play with chalk with my friends.
Focus on my relationship with the Lord.
Follow the study schedule I set up for myself.
Finish organizing my scrapbooking supplies.
Buy a pair of high-waisted jean shorts!
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Get at least a 2.5 GPA for Spring quarter.
Calculus kicked my butt; I failed it. This led to getting below a 2.5, which is so sad! But it led to my decision that I'm in the wrong major, so something sure came of it!
This was SO MUCH FUN! We took 13 hours to drive to Eugene from San Jose, stopping in fun little places and then spent 4 days there with Kristina before driving home.
Catch up on my Daily Reflection devotionals.
I tried to do this, but it just didn't go that well. I would really love to spend time just reading my devotionals and truly immerse myself in the teachings of the Word.
Go paintballing with friends.
Also didn't do this. I'm planning on finding a weekend to finally do this, though! I've already bought the tickets!
Did this! I wrote to 5 different people in 5 different countries! Totally cool!
Start reading again.
I bought 3 books at Powell's books in Portland, but have yet to read them. I've been reading an insane amount for my summer classes, though! That kind of counts, right?
DID THIS! In fact, I baked two new things! Kristina, Daphne, and I spent a rainy day baking - we had a blast and they were super yummy treats!
Take my sister out for a congratulatory afternoon.
Haven't done this either, however, plan on making an invitation to take her out for later in the month.
Kind of had this. I've seen everyone but one person who is home for the summer, but have only seen them in small groups. I've planned a beach trip for Friday, though, so I planned it in June but am accomplishing it in July.
I got rid of so many clothes! My closet is all organized by colour and it looks so pretty. My room, however, looks like a bomb went off. I plan on fixing that, though.
You may be wondering where my week 4 post is...well, I missed it. Summer school has officially taken over my life! Taking 3 online classes in 6 weeks equals A LOT of reading! However, I couldn't miss Is That Normal? for a second week in a row, so study break? YES!
Is it normal to live with your parents past the age of 24?
With most people starting college at 18, most have their degree by 22. I can see having a couple years of wiggle room to find a job and get on your feet, but after that, I'd say not normal. Honestly, I can't see a lot of 24 year olds wanting to live at home. Even coming home now, it's so weird, and I've only been out of the house for 2 years! Once you've hit 24, it's time to find a job, and move out.
Is it normal to leave your house and/or car unlocked?
Not normal! My aunt used to live in a small neighbourhood in Ontario and would never lock her house/car. Then she moved to a bigger city and still didn't lock her door - we all told her she was crazy! I can't not lock my car and house whenever I leave either of them. I'm apparently extremely paranoid.
Is it normal to prefer using a men's razor instead of a women's?
Personally, I've only used a men's razor a couple times because I'm too in love with my Venus Embrace, but it's still totally normal! I figure, if it's being used to shave a guys chin, then it must totally work for knees, which of course, is the hardest area to shave! ;)
Is it normal to go back to bed right after showering for a quick nap?
I would like to think this is normal! I love coming out of the shower and just laying in bed in my towel. One, it helps me dry, and two, it's just so relaxing. I am the most random shower-er ever! I rarely shower in the morning, but will shower in the afternoon and sometimes at night; basically, whenever I have time. That mini-nap afterwards is wonderful!
Is it normal to eat chocolate chips straight from the bag?
If you say this isn't normal, you've obviously never tried this! During finals week, Clara, Izzy, and I enjoyed lots of chocolate chips!
Is it normal to check behind the shower curtain or under the bed before you get in?
I would say not normal. I assume that no one has come into my house and if they did, wouldn't choose to hide under my bed or in my shower. Plus, what are you going to do if something is hiding in one of those places?
Is it normal to talk to yourself?
Please let this be normal! I don't talk to myself aloud, but if you could hear the conversations in my head...that sentence really makes it seem like I should say "not normal" doesn't it?
Is it normal to bite your nails?
Fingernails, normal; toenails, so not normal! I think this is a habit that everyone's picked up at some point or another. I don't bite my nails often, but sometimes it just happens, and I don't feel weird about it.
Is it normal to go to bed without brushing your teeth?
Despite wishing that this is normal, it is so not! There's so much stuff on your teeth that's accumulated throughout the day and you should get that off before sleeping and in my mind, letting it set up shop there. However, there are definitely nights when I'm just way too tired to care, and that's when I wish it was normal!
Is it normal to "baby talk" your pet?
I definitely have a "dog voice," so this is normal in my mind! My friends make fun of me all the time because as soon as I see my puppies (Kinchie and Whinnie), my voice completely changes into that "baby talk/dog talk" voice. I might get made fun of, but my dogs seem to enjoy it!