Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Is That Normal? Week 5

You may be wondering where my week 4 post is...well, I missed it. Summer school has officially taken over my life! Taking 3 online classes in 6 weeks equals A LOT of reading! However, I couldn't miss Is That Normal? for a second week in a row, so study break? YES!

1.
Is it normal to live with your parents past the age of 24?
With most people starting college at 18, most have their degree by 22. I can see having a couple years of wiggle room to find a job and get on your feet, but after that, I'd say not normal. Honestly, I can't see a lot of 24 year olds wanting to live at home. Even coming home now, it's so weird, and I've only been out of the house for 2 years! Once you've hit 24, it's time to find a job, and move out.

2.
Is it normal to leave your house and/or car unlocked?
Not normal! My aunt used to live in a small neighbourhood in Ontario and would never lock her house/car. Then she moved to a bigger city and still didn't lock her door - we all told her she was crazy! I can't not lock my car and house whenever I leave either of them. I'm apparently extremely paranoid.

3.
Is it normal to prefer using a men's razor instead of a women's?
Personally, I've only used a men's razor a couple times because I'm too in love with my Venus Embrace, but it's still totally normal! I figure, if it's being used to shave a guys chin, then it must totally work for knees, which of course, is the hardest area to shave! ;)

4.  
Is it normal to go back to bed right after showering for a quick nap?
I would like to think this is normal! I love coming out of the shower and just laying in bed in my towel. One, it helps me dry, and two, it's just so relaxing. I am the most random shower-er ever! I rarely shower in the morning, but will shower in the afternoon and sometimes at night; basically, whenever I have time. That mini-nap afterwards is wonderful!

5.
Is it normal to eat chocolate chips straight from the bag?
If you say this isn't normal, you've obviously never tried this! During finals week, Clara, Izzy, and I enjoyed lots of chocolate chips!

6.
Is it normal to check behind the shower curtain or under the bed before you get in?
I would say not normal. I assume that no one has come into my house and if they did, wouldn't choose to hide under my bed or in my shower. Plus, what are you going to do if something is hiding in one of those places? 

7.
Is it normal to talk to yourself?
Please let this be normal! I don't talk to myself aloud, but if you could hear the conversations in my head...that sentence really makes it seem like I should say "not normal" doesn't it?

8.
Is it normal to bite your nails?
Fingernails, normal; toenails, so not normal! I think this is a habit that everyone's picked up at some point or another. I don't bite my nails often, but sometimes it just happens, and I don't feel weird about it.

9.
Is it normal to go to bed without brushing your teeth?
Despite wishing that this is normal, it is so not! There's so much stuff on your teeth that's accumulated throughout the day and you should get that off before sleeping and in my mind, letting it set up shop there. However, there are definitely nights when I'm just way too tired to care, and that's when I wish it was normal!

10.
Is it normal to "baby talk" your pet?  
 I definitely have a "dog voice," so this is normal in my mind! My friends make fun of me all the time because as soon as I see my puppies (Kinchie and Whinnie), my voice completely changes into that "baby talk/dog talk" voice. I might get made fun of, but my dogs seem to enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment