Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Banana Cupcakes


Who: Myself (for Chi Omega)
What: Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Where: My Apartment (and then the Chi-O House)
When: February 28, 2012
From: 101 List #1

For Chi Omega's Winter Quarter philanthropy, Chi-O Cookies, each sister makes yummy desserts. Now, I am the first person to admit that I am no cook! Honestly, I can barely make anything...however it's on my goals to learn! My new favourite website is Betty Crocker's website! Not only do they have hundreds of recipes, but they have recipes that involve mixes! This particular cupcake recipe involved the Yellow Cake mix, which saved me! All I had to do was add the boxed ingredients and mashed up bananas. And I baked them perfectly - not that there was a lot to it, but nonetheless, I was proud and they were delicious! The icing on the other hand...complete disaster! I followed the recipe to a T, however, when they say "sugar" in a frosting recipe, they should really clarify that they mean confectioner's sugar...

Turns out my mom did the exact same thing when she made frosting for the first time! We had some giggles once I learned she did it, too! The icing still tasted yummy, but it was definitely a little textured. I now know that when making frosting, it is always implied that Confectioners Sugar is the kind of sugar to use!

To find the recipes, go to: Cupcake Recipe and Frosting Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment