Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cookies 'n Creme Cupcakes


Who: Myself
What: Cookies 'n Creme Cupcakes
Where: My Apartment
When: March 10, 2012
From: 101 List #1

This past week I've been extremely sick, so to say "Thank You" to my friends for taking care of me, I decided to make them dinner and of course, dessert! I decided on the Cookies 'n Creme cupcakes from Betty Crocker and they were delicious! I was able to use Betty Crocker Devil's Cake Mix, and then just had to make the filling and icing. The filling was a combination of icing and marshmallow creme (which is the weirdest thing to use, by the way). I also learned a cool trick for making the hole in the cupcake for the filling - use the end of a wooden spoon and twirl it back and forth in the cake to create the hole - super easy! For the first few cupcakes, I used a new Icing Kit, but ran out of icing quickly, so stopped that and used a knife for easier icing. By the way, when you're not a baker (ahem, me) and you use an icer for the first time, it might take you a good ten minutes to figure out your trying to insert the nozzle the wrong way... :)

My friends said they were quite delicious (Emma even had 3), so I'd say this was a successful second dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment