Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Legal in Canada


Who: Me
What: Drinking Legally in Canada
Where: Waterloo, Ontario
When: July 9, 2011
From: 101 List #1

Growing up in Canada, 19 is definitely the magic age - officially legal drinking age! Now, I am definitely one of those goody-goody kids who didn't drink in high school, so turning 19 was a big deal...only I was in US at that point. So when we visited Canada over the summer, about 6 months after turning the magic age, it was time to legally drink! I had had 5 sips of a beer at a frat party a few months before, but never a full drip, so this was interesting.

My first drink: Smirnoff Ice - Blueberry Lemonade. I believe I drank half of it...alcohol just wasn't my speed - still tasted gross. A few nights later we went out to dinner, and I ordered a Pepsi Mojito which was bomb! I drank the whole thing and enjoyed it!

I am one of the youngest of all my cousins on my mom's side (who I was with during this first drinking adventure), so you can imagine how excited they were that I was legal. My cousin Jason, who is 30 mind you, was so excited that he drove me to LCBO just to see me buy alcohol and get carded. He was practically giddy!


Next summer, maybe I'll be a little more adventurous with my cousins...we'll see ;)

My cousin, Ken ^

No comments:

Post a Comment